In the regulations below you will find the house rules that apply within Van der Valk Hotel Groningen-Hoogkerk. By entering/staying at Hotel Groningen-Hoogkerk you agree to the house rules below.
- All instructions from employees of Hotel Groningen-Hoogkerk, which are related to the house rules, must be followed immediately.
- Within Hotel Groningen-Hoogkerk we appreciate that you use the public areas, but this is done at your own risk.
- There are cameras in various places inside and outside the building. Everyone who is in our hotel agrees to make recordings. In the event of calamities and/or incidents, these recordings can be shown to third parties as supporting material.
- At Hotel Groningen-Hoogkerk we treat each other with respect and it is therefore prohibited to express insults, make discriminatory or sexually intimidating comments against our guests and employees.
- Hotel Groningen-Hoogkerk must comply with the requirements of the Liquor and Catering Act. Alcoholic drinks are therefore not provided to visitors under the age of 18. If in doubt about the age of a visitor, employees of Hotel Groningen-Hoogkerk will ask you to show proof of identity. In order not to have a negative influence on the atmosphere during the stay, no alcohol will be served to the person in question if they are suspected of being intoxicated.
- It is prohibited to cause nuisance to another, for example through loud music, obnoxious behavior or noise of any kind. During your presence you will use property of Hotel Groningen-Hoogkerk and third parties, it is prohibited to commit theft or destruction.
- To maintain peace, order and safety within Hotel Groningen-Hoogkerk, it is prohibited to use or threaten violence. In order to offer you and your family, friends and acquaintances a pleasant stay, it is prohibited to possess, use or trade (soft) drugs (including nitrous oxide cartridges) or weapons.
- Hotel Groningen-Hoogkerk does not make its location available for purposes other than those established in our policy, it is therefore prohibited to trade goods, heal or offer services. The amount of a room already paid will not be refunded.
- The employees of Hotel Groningen-Hoogkerk watch over your safety, in case of calamities the emergency plan comes into effect. You are kindly but urgently requested to follow any instructions from the employees.
- In case of fire, keep calm.
- Report a fire to reception and/or hit the nearest fire alarm. In the event of a general fire alarm, leave the building immediately. Never use the lift in the event of a fire.
- Do not leave your belongings unattended in your car at the Hotel Groningen-Hoogkerk location. Hotel Groningen-Hoogkerk is not liable for loss, damage or theft of your belongings. Parking in the parking lot of Hotel Groningen-Hoogkerk is free and at your own risk.
- Lost and found items must be handed in at the reception. Hotel Groningen-Hoogkerk is not responsible for loss or theft of your belongings. Lost and found items are kept for a maximum of 3 months.
- Any food or drink left in a checked out room will be thrown away.
- Anyone 18 years or older can reserve a room. In every tour group, at least 1 person must be 18 years or older. The person who (also) books for other participants is liable for all others that he or she registers.
- Due to hygiene regulations, the hotel room must be cleaned every day.
- The management, the owner of this location and/or persons working for the hotel cannot be held liable for any injury and/or material or immaterial damage that visitors to the location may experience.
- Hotel Groningen-Hoogkerk can charge a deposit at any time. After the rooms have been inspected and found to be in order at check-out, the deposit will be refunded to you. The security deposit will only be refunded to the guest who provides identification during check-in.
- If the fire alarm goes off due to you and the fire service has to drive unnecessarily, we will charge the call-out costs of the fire service of € 275.00 to you.
It is not allowed to:
- To smoke in the hotel. Smoking is prohibited in all our rooms and in all our public areas. If you smoke in the room or in a public area, we are forced to impose a fine of € 150.00.
- To be present in the room with more people than the number for which the reservation has been made. This number of people must identify themselves at the reception. The maximum number of people that may stay in a room must be taken into account.
- Burn (waxine) candles in the room and/or make party decorations. If party decorations are found, we will charge a cleaning fee of € 25.00 per hour.
- Tape and/or remove fire detectors or otherwise render smoke detectors harmless. We charge a fine of € 150.00 for masking, removing or rendering the smoke detectors harmless.
- Rent a room in your name without staying in the room yourself.
- Emergency exits to be used as normal entrances and exits. Take hotel property outside the building. If you willfully damage property of Hotel Groningen-Hoogkerk, you can be held liable for the repair and/or renewal costs.
- Paid reception of guests in the room for sexual activities.
In all cases not provided for in these regulations, the management of Van der Valk Hotel Groningen-Hoogkerk will decide.
We have a zero tolerance policy. This means that if our house rules are not observed, no warning will be given and you will be asked to leave the hotel immediately. No money will be returned and any deposit paid will be retained. A listing on the blacklist also follows, which applies to all Van der Valk Hotels. By signing the registration form you agree to comply with our house rules. Unfortunately, we cannot check you in without a signature.
The management and employees of Hotel Groningen-Hoogkerk wish you a pleasant and safe stay.